Sunday, May 6, 2012

My April Blocks


Here are my April Blocks of the Month for the Craftsy sew along I'm doing.  This month was English paper piecing hexagons.  I had never done this technique so it was fun to learn!  And at first I wouldn't like it too much because of all the handwork, but it grew on me and they were coming out pretty quick, so I could see the fruit of my work quickly.

My son learned what a hexagon was when I was working on this, so every time he sees these, he is very proud that he knows the name of the shape.


This block is called Sunny with a chance of Hex and designed by Amy Gibson the teacher.

 


Here is how the two look together.  May is wonky log cabins, can't wait to get started! 

1 comment:

Tyler and Laura Gates said...

Hexagons are one of my favorites. I love the block with the vertical hexagons and the fabric stands out so well against the white. Can't wait to see next months blocks.

Laura